|St Paul, MN|
Corporate Management Group is currently hiring for a Quality Assurance Engineer at our Brooklyn Park, MN; St. Paul, MN; Woodbury, MN location.
Quality Tool is a growing contract manufacturer of metal components for successful manufacturing companies. Our ISO9001:2015 certified precision metal fabrication capabilities include laser cutting, machining, assembly and welding. Our office and manufacturing facility are in St. Paul, MN. We are searching for a Quality Assurance Engineer. The ideal candidate will be responsible for maintaining oversight of manufacturing processes for quality compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepare quality plans for new parts and processes and complete part process qualifications following PPAP formats.
· Conduct and support investigations of manufacturing nonconformities and recommend, develop, and implement effective corrective actions.
· Provide technical assistance and advice to all functional areas regarding quality system requirements and procedures.
· Verify that established quality and production processes are being followed to provide defect free components and help administer corrective action when it is found that the processes are not being followed.
· Performs quality engineering reviews for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals, contract review, and company quality records.
· Applies statistical methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes and solve problems.
· Maintains a working knowledge of industry quality codes and standards.
· Assist with administration of the calibration system. Making certain that all tools used by Quality Tool are calibrated.
· Facilitate and participate in activities and projects that ensure product quality and reliability, conformance to engineering specifications, satisfaction of customer requirements and compliance with applicable regulations.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience and knowledge.
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment working with fabricated metal products.
· Ability to interpret engineering drawings.
· Understands and follows ISO 9001 Quality Systems guidelines.
· Diverse knowledge of inspection control methods, techniques and documentation.
· Strong customer service skills (friendly, courteous and helpful)
· Ability to maintain required work records and Quality System Documentation.
· Experience in analysis in the manufacturing industry.
· Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Internet use. MS Access desirable.
· Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in verbal and written form with employees, management, customers and external contacts to the organization.