The Material Handler is responsible for assisting with the efficient operation of the manufacturing cells by ensuring raw materials are available when needed. They will investigate material problems as they arise and strive to ensure work orders are completed on time to meet requests and demand.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Reads and assesses pick lists, bills of material and prints.
· Receives work order documents from production planning and arranges them by start date priority and according to cell location; includes all production areas
· Reviews works orders to ensure materials are available and to the floor in time to meet the pick date; if needed material is not on hand alerts supervisor
· Works with purchasing and inventory team to determine current stock levels and ensure material availability; communicate potential variances as needed.
· Works with planning department to prioritize orders.
· Coordinates with inventory team to perform cycle counts and oversee inventory accuracy.
· Oversees inventory; includes stocking, monitoring and dispensing inventory.
· Obtains materials needed for product build from various departments
· Verifies label accuracy on all remnant material.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires a High School Diploma or GED equivalent. This position should have 0-1 year previous experience in a similar type position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Must have an understanding of the MRP related systems for material tracking; includes intermediate computer skills.
· Must have knowledge of blueprints and work instructions.
· Must have knowledge of materials and material requirements as they relate to work orders.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all levels of the organization both written and verbal.
· Must be able to pass internal forklift certification
· Must have a high level of attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills.
· Must have the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
Work Environment/Physical Demands/Equipment Used
This position is located in a manufacturing facility which requires prolonged sitting, standing, walking, squatting, twisting, and bending. This position will spend about 90% of their time on the production floor where heavy machinery is present and loud sounds exist. Requires lifting up to 50 lbs. Requires manual dexterity for typing and considerable time at a computer.
Health and Safety – PPE Requirements
· Safety Glasses to be worn at all times when on the production floor