Process Associate Job Description
· Incorporates company values of Innovation, Accountability, Responsibility and One company into daily work
· Accepts and receives frequent supervision and assistance from team/shift leads and/or production manager
· Employee must be willing and able to use proper safety equipment and wear all personal protective equipment (PPE) in accordance with company policies and procedures.
· Employee must work and conduct self in a safe manner within an office or production environment.
· Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
· Must be alert and aware of potential safety hazards to include OSHA and Environmental violations
· Must promote and participate in safety awareness through monthly safety meetings and group discussions
· Promotes and follows safe work practices, policies, and procedures.
· Reports any unsafe behaviors or conditions immediately to a team/shift lead and/or production manager
· Supports plant safety and quality objectives.
· The employee must promote and participate in safety awareness through safety meetings and group discussions.
· Adjust machine settings to complete tasks, according to specification, both accurately and in a timely fashion
· Operates material handling equipment such as cranes, pallet jacks, etc.
· Properly package final products
· Set-up and operate production machine in accordance with established operating procedures and guidelines.
· Working in an industrial environment utilizing epoxy compounds and various cleaning chemicals (Working with various chemicals including resin, THFA, acetone, )
· Detects and reports defective materials, foreign object debris (FOD) or questionable conditions to the team/shift lead and/or production manager
· Reviews and follows quality procedures and work instructions for the area
· High quality standards must be demonstrated; high attention to detail
· Frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. Required to use stairs frequently.
· Regularly lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds.
· Required to stand for majority of work. Will be required to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
· Performs similar job-related duties as assigned.
· Minimum of 1 year experience as an operator in a multi-shift continuous manufacturing process preferred
· Understanding of basic lean manufacturing principles preferred.
· Ability to learn new processes and procedures.
· Basic computer skills.
· Must work well with others in a team environment.
· The ability to demonstrate dedication, integrity, initiative and self-motivation.
· Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel, including management.
· Must have the ability to carry out written and/or oral instructions and procedures.
· Must possess basic math skills
· Ability to work in rotating shifts including weekends and nights
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Must be able to visually inspect the product (20/20 vision; natural or corrected)