The Maintenance Technician is responsible for timely completion of preventative maintenance throughout the assigned areas. The Maintenance Technician will perform necessary functions to complete work orders while operating alone or with a team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· On time completion of assigned PM’s
· Complete other assign work orders on time working alone or assisting as part of the team.
· Perform industrial/plant functions; carpentry, painting, plumbing, miscellaneous facility repairs, and minor electrical and mechanical systems.
· Maintain, repair, and replaces equipment and/or parts as needed.
· Ensure timely and accurate recordkeeping of all duties performed.
· Works with outside maintenance crews for more specialized projects.
· Take direction from the Maintenance Supervisor, or named active lead, for all maintenance related work.
· Must have own tools.
· Ask for help when needed or unsure.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires a High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Minimum of 1 year previous maintenance experience, trade or technical school preferred. Must have a basic understanding of electrical and mechanical systems, hydraulics, pneumatics, and all types of production/industrial machines. Should also have prior experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
· Must have proven mechanical aptitude and diagnostic skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all levels of the organization both written and verbal; includes building relationships with team.
· Due to the inherent danger when preforming maintenance functions, the candidate must be able to communicate clearly in English. This includes both verbal and written forms.
· Must be able to function alone or as part of a team.
· Must be able to pass internal forklift and scissor lift certifications
· Must understand and follow the Lockout/Tag out procedure as required.
· Must understand and follow Hot Work procedures.
· Understanding of mechanical and electrical systems with ability to read drawings and schematics for both.
· Ability, or ability to learn, to operate specialized tools used in electrical, carpentry, plumbing and related building trades
· PC skills included MS Office, QualTrax, JDE and CMMS systems.
· Math skills including basic geometry and trig.
· Ability and willingness to document findings and tasks performed. To accurately track and document use of time.
· To prepare records and reports for use both inner departmentally and for presentation to others.
· Reading and interpreting manuals, specifications, drawings and blueprints.
· Ability or willingness to learn to operate machine tools.
· Must have a high level of attention to detail.
· Hydraulic experience or skills are a plus.
· Welding and fabrication skills a plus.
This position is located in a manufacturing facility which requires prolonged standing, walking, squatting, twisting, bending, and reaching throughout a scheduled shift. Must be able to work with heavy machinery with an ever-changing workload. Requires lifting up to 50 lbs.
Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to obtain and hold a forklift certification.
· Safety Glasses to be worn at all times when on the production floor
· Must wear appropriate PPE for all work activities performed; varies based work
· Must demonstrate safe and ethical work practices. Ask for help when needed or unsure.