|New York, NY|
JOB TITLE: Buyer I
REPORTS TO TITLE: Site Manager
The Site Buyer I is primarily responsible for routine MRO procurement transactions within software system, and/or the client’s CMMS system. The Buyer ensures materials are accurately ordered and entered into the site’s procurement system. This position is responsible for placing routine orders to be processed and expedited in a timely and efficient manner, and employ problem solving methods to resolve issues with delivery, price or any other order issues. It is incumbent upon the Buyer to develop and maintain strong client relationships, keep an open line of communication, and maintain control of all aspects of purchasing.
· Follow all site Safety and Security Procedures at all times, attend required safety trainings.
· Place mainly stock buys per the Stock Replenishment/Re-Order Report, cutting PO, verify unit of measure, estimated delivery dates (EDDs) and verifying cost.
· Maintain the vendor database and setup local vendors as needed. Follow preferred supplier program as instructed by corporate office adhering to prescribed goals
· Generate purchase orders (PO’s) using client CMMS purchasing system. Verify quoted prices when generating a PO for any item including reorders. Updating POs, pricing updates and delivery dates as needed or when changed.
· Expedite orders, manage status of purchasing needs via the creation of Non-Stock and Stock PO using the site’s “Open Order Report.” Regularly check Open Order Report and communicate delays or issues to supervisor and client as required. Ensure timely delivery of items, keeping supervisor and client informed of delivery status.
· Establish and build relationships with client’s employees, within the maintenance, facilities, planning or other affiliated departments in order keep abreast of client needs.
· Routinely monitor reports such as Run PO Cost Analysis Report to flag purchases outside guidelines and to maintain target pricing. Also monitor Shared Savings Report for any discrepancies on guarantee and to make corrections as needed
· Work with Manager/Buyer to obtain quotes on items not pre-sourced.
· Review invoices for price and/or quantity discrepancies and follow guidelines to resolve discrepancies, with a focus of assisting Site Manager or Supervisor in reducing discrepancies (IDRs).
· Work with Site Manager to streamline processes and implement quality improvements, documenting any changes into system or site SOP.
· Adhere to min/max levels as required at specific site.
· Routinely perform duties of Attendant including: cycle counting, cleaning the storeroom, etc.
· High School Diploma required; two-year degree preferred
· Experience on the job in lieu of a degree may be considered
· Strong organizational
· 0-2 years of purchasing experience; MRO preferred
· Basic knowledge of MRO materials
· Computer literacy – Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office and ability to learn and demonstrate proficiency in the use of the SOS 2001 system, or client CMMS.
· Frequent walking and standing (over 50%).
· Frequently carrying 25 pounds and under (50%) and occasional lifting of 25-40 pounds or less (10-25%).
· Frequent use of keyboard and mouse and repetitive or fine hand movements (over 50%).
· Occasional climbing stairs (25-50%), may be more at certain sites.
· Often sitting in front of a computer screen and using keyboard and mouse or fine hand movements (25-50%).
· Often required to communicate via phone (25-50%).
· Often reaching, bending, stooping, and twisting to handle inventory (25-50%).
· Occasionally working with arms above shoulder level and reaching as well as rising above floor level (10-25%).
· Shift work as required by position; ability to work overtime as needed, including evenings and weekends.