CNC/VMC - 3rd - SD - Brookings, SD
Go back to the job list
Corporate Management Groups iscurrently hiring for a CNC/VMC Machinist at our Brookings, South Dakota location.
3rd shift, Friday - Sunday available!
Pay: $16.00 -$22.00 per hour
Job Summary:Manufacturer seeking reliable, motivated and team minded VMC Machinists toset-up and operate a variety CNC Machining Centers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exhibits the personal characteristic we value of good attitude, intelligence, integrity, and humility.
- Reviews job/production orders and interprets accompanying prints and drawings to determine job requirements, check for accuracy of information, and identify any discrepancies or special needs.
- Set up, adjust and operate machine tools determining speeds & feeds with the ability to align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments & accessories.
- Ensures that all work is done in accordance with and adheres to Company ISO and Quality standards.
- Prepares and cleans product surfaces, as necessary, for desired operation.
- Sequence automatic machine operations and define setup requirements, select cutting tools, and program proper feeds and speeds to successfully machine parts.
- Identify optimal manufacturing processes based on part configuration and batch size.
- Inspect work, making necessary notations on work routers.
- The nature of the work is a mix of small to medium quantity runs with frequent set-ups.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be willing to undergo an E-Verify, pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Safety Protocol
- Stop any observed unsafe acts, and obey facility safety rules and procedures.
- Correct or report any observed safety hazards.
- Support safety policies and programs.
- This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Completion of an apprenticeshipprogram, technical or tread school training program is a plus.
· 2+ years of Machining experience
· Competitive salary, commensurate with experience andeducation.
· Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance.
· 401(k) with company matching.
· Paid Time Off (PTO).
· Paid Holidays.
· Short-Term Disability.
· Long -Term Disability.
· Life Insurance.