POSITION TITLE: RECEIVING SPECIALIST/BACK-UP DRIVER
Primary focus of this position will be to receive in materials (raw stock, semi-finished parts, purchased parts, etc) into company computer system and routers by verifying counts and keeping accurate records, and moves material to appropriate staging areas. Position will also include being a back-up driver (of company van) for delivering or picking up parts that need outside services for company.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The ideal candidate will have mastered and be able to demonstrate the following skills showing the following abilities:
* Compares identifying information and counts, weights or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders or other records
* Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages; Identifies parts with job number and places on proper pallet and/or department
* Completes incoming paperwork and enters appropriate information into computer system and/or router; Microsoft Office knowledge preferred
* Operates lift truck or uses pallet jack to move, convey or hoist shipments from delivering carrier into receiving area, and then to proper storage or work area
* May be Back-up Driver for delivering and picking-up parts from external vendors on occasion; must have clean driving record
* May occasionally help Shipping Dept. or company drivers to load/unload parts
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, packing instruction sheets, receiving packing slips
* Work well with others and be a team player; desire to constantly learn and improve their skills
* Physical Demands: Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on occasion to move parts
* Must be Quality and Safety-Oriented
The employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.