The Junior Buyer assists in purchasing materials, components, supplies, equipment and services with consideration to cost, quality and delivery requirements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Coordinates the purchase of raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, and supplies for the business considering cost, quality and delivery requirements.
· Reviews/approves purchase requisitions for goods or services.
· Assists in the negotiation of price, delivery, and contract terms with suppliers.
· Expedites orders and requests, as needed.
· Determines method of procurement, such as direct purchase, blanket order, or consignment.
· Prepares purchase orders or bid requests, and other required purchasing documentation
· Reviews bid proposals and assists in the negotiation of contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
· Maintains procurement and supplier records.
· Ensures all purchasing/receiving information is processed on-time for month end reporting.
· Assists with supplier performance evaluations as required.
· Coordinates return and credit/debit activities with suppliers for discrepant receipts.
· Runs MRP, and places purchase orders based on analysis of MRP messages.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires a High School Diploma; Degree preferred. This position should have 2-3 years of related purchasing/buyer experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment. Degree and ability/willingness to learn can be substituted for experience. APICS certification is a plus.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all levels of the organization both written and verbal.
· Ability to effectively negotiate and problem solve with internal customers and external vendors.
· Must have an understanding of ERP systems for material tracking and MRP analysis; intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
· Must possess strong, written communication skills such as correspondence, reports, and presentations to groups.
· Must have a high level of attention to detail and proven project and time management skills.
· Must have the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
· Familiarity of ISO and other quality management systems.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Must have knowledge of materials and material requirements as they relate to work orders.
This position is located in a manufacturing facility which requires prolonged sitting, standing, walking, squatting, twisting, and bending. This position requires approximately 10% of time spent on the production floor and 90% in a general office environment. Requires lifting up to 30 lbs.
· Safety Glasses to be worn at all times when on the production floor