CERTIFICATIONS: Licensed Physical Therapist
Community-based organization that delivers services within the spectrum of prevention, restoration, and rehabilitation. Our Model is built upon a seamless integration of (a) clinical care, (b) medical-based fitness, (c) community-based resources, and (d) self-management coaching and education. We are impacting one person at a time, one community at a time.
The Physical Therapist will evaluate the needs of referred patients, formulate treatment plans and provide physical and aquatic therapy services defined in treatment plans. This position provides direction and instruction to individuals who have specific needs due to chronic disease conditions and/or physical disabilities/injuries.
· Perform physical and aquatic therapy patient care services adhering to APTA guidelines for physical therapy best practices & code of ethics
· Examine patients and develop a plan of care that promotes movement, reduces pain, restores function, and prevents disability.
· Work with the patient, family members, and other health care providers to ensure the goals of the plan of care are met and the patient outcomes are optimal.
· Promote and engage patients in healthy lifestyles by developing fitness and wellness-oriented programs for healthier and more active lifestyles
· Complete all documentation in a timely manner.
· Communicate timely with referring physicians regarding patient treatment plan, progress notes and physical therapy discharge, supervise and provide direction for physical therapy assistants
· Appropriately operates equipment related to delivery of physical therapy procedures and treatments.