Corporate Management Groups is currently hiring for a Tool and Die Maker at our Brookings, South Dakota location.
1st shift available!
Pay: $18.00 - 26.00 per hour (depending on experience)
Job Summary: This position will be responsible for the building or repair of all types of punch press tooling including compound and progressive die. Assemble and try out complex tools and dies on manufacturing equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Attain safety, quality and productivity goals.
• Complete the operations described in the Work Order and per Tool and Die Work Instructions.
• Organize and determine layout procedures, work sequences and lay out material components for machining operations.
• Plans the set-up and operation of all types of machine shop tools, considering types of material, tolerances, types of cutting tools, coolants, lubricants, and machine tool feeds and speeds.
• Insures that all work is done in accordance with and adheres to Company ISO and Quality standards.
• Determines specifications for inspection work, using precision measuring and gaging tools, performing required inspection before, during, and after machining.
• Perform hand operations involved in producing jigs, fixtures, tools and dies. Use hand tools of the trade.
• Perform CNC machining operations.
• Fits and assembles jigs a, fixtures, tools and dies.
• Sets up, runs off, and tests dies to produce a product to specification, tracing die difficulties to their source and correcting same.
• Maintain and update equipment records, schematics, blueprints and files in orderly fashion.
• Work with engineering providing input to manufacturing capability on new parts.
• Other duties as assigned or as required to meet customer or business needs.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
• Must be willing to undergo an E-Verify, pre-employment drug screen and background check.
• This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
• High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
• Associate Degree or apprenticeship in Tool and Die or equivalent experience preferred
• Minimum of 6 years experience making and repairing progressive dies.
• Strong attention to detail and workmanship
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints or works from verbal or written instructions or from the parts to be copied or fitted
• Ability to operate machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, etc.
• High degree of precision and control in work where damage could be high and minuscule control and delicate touch are required.
• Ability to perform problem analysis and problem resolution.
• Knowledge concerning mechanical principle, machining practices, the properties of metals and the application of mathematics and dimensions to precision machining and stamping
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
• Demonstrated problem solving ability in a machine shop environment.
• Good judgment and decision-making skills.
• Good attendance and punctuality and willingness to work overtime as needed.
• Able to work independently, with minimal supervision, as well as part of a team.
• Competitive salary, commensurate with experience and education.
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance.
• 401(k) with company matching.
• Paid Time Off (PTO).
• Paid Holidays.
• Short-Term Disability.
• Long -Term Disability.
• Life Insurance.