POSITION SUMMARY: Wraps and packages production parts, accurately prepares paperwork and labels, and wraps skids for outgoing shipments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Identifies information required to ship products, and counts, weighs, or measures items of outgoing shipments.
· Determines method of shipment utilizing computer ship list to customer.
· Affixes shipping labels and packing lists on packed cartons.
· Assembles wooden or cardboard containers or selects pre-assembled containers.
· Wraps parts appropriately and packages into containers (tubes, boxes, skids and/or gaylords), using appropriate protective padding. Generates part labels for packages.
· Fills out shipping documentation as required.
· Builds gaylords and stretch wraps/bands pallets for domestic and international shipments.
· Reads and signs-off on routers and marks part numbers on product.
· May operate lift truck or use hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping or receiving area to storage or work area; on occasion, drive forklift (preferred, not required).
· May arrange shipping pick-ups and deliveries with UPS, FEDEX, other outside freight carriers or international consolidators.
· Input items into inventory to maintain a high level of inventory accuracy.
· Meets daily 6S activities.
· Works independently, but as part of a team, with minimal oversight.
· Attends work in person, on time, on a regular and reliable basis.
· Completes all tasks in an accurate, complete and timely manner. Has good attention to detail.
· Follows directions. Asks questions to clarify if needs more information.
· Follows all safety protocols, helps others follow all safety protocols and alerts their supervisor or management to any safety risks that are discovered.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
· Reading and Comprehension: Ability to interpret and understand safety rules, packing instruction sheets, packing slips, etc. in written and oral form.
· Math Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
· Computer Skills: Ability to enter and retrieve data relevant to job function using company ERP system and other software.
· Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Physical Demands: The employee is required to:
- lift up to 50 pounds occasionally,
- lift up 25 pounds regularly,
- stand and/or walk most of the day
- push, pull, reach overhead, and bend to the floor.