LEAD INVENTORY SPECIALIST
A Lead Attendant functioning as our Inventory Specialist within a MRO service, supply and support capacity, the person in this role will support the clients' MRO objectives through completion of tasks directly assisting our clients' staff and subcontractors' material requirements. Capable of managing the inventory control and accuracy of materials through resolution of shortages, verification before corrections and make recommendations for ongoing process developments and improvements. This role is responsible for routine storeroom tasks including receiving, stocking, issuing parts, cycle counting, and computer transaction entry.
• Follow all site Safety and Security Procedures; perform all assignments and tasks in a safe manner and report any unsafe or potentially unsafe working conditions to management immediately
• Ensure compliance with established internal and external operating procedures (SOPs)
• Maintain close communication with supervisor regarding all customer and staff issues and concerns
• Provide professional customer service to internal and external customers, with the goal of reporting issues in a timely manner to escalate items for quick resolution
• Unpack purchased materials, verify product against packing slip and PO; enter receiving and inventory information into the appropriate software system or systems
• Put away materials after receipt process; perform tagging, repacking, delivering and special handling as needed
• Issue returns and prepare material for return to vendor or for shipping parts out for repair per guidelines
• Perform cycle counts, researching root cause for stock shortages and provide recommendations to Manager
• Working in tandem with the site manager/buyer
• Issue materials to client as requested; picking and coordinating materials as required to work orders
• Ensure inventory is properly maintained in specific locations; replace barcodes and process relocations in ERP systems
• At the direction of the site manager, follow through on assignments to completion.
• Expedite and/or follow up on purchase orders as needed on a daily basis
• Locate stock and deliver items to their destination outside of storeroom upon request or per Kanban
• Clean and organize storeroom as directed, including sweeping, dusting, etc. maintaining minimum standard required
• Follow up on purchase orders and assist Buyer with placing orders, provide coverage in absence of Buyer
• Ability to learn and demonstrate proficiency in part identification, used vs. new, refurbished, etc.
• 2 years professional work experience hands on with inventory and materials management exposure
• Strong people and customer service skills in a high paced MRO environment
• Solid organization of desk work, manual filing coordination, electronic data capture and retrieval.
• Detail-oriented with skills and/or focused interest in materials management, procurement, logistics
• Ability to work well with people at all levels and foster a great co-operative service attitude
• Must have capacity to learn multiple operating platforms, SAP, proprietary PC based software programs and ability to demonstrate proficiency and accuracy
• Good oral and written communication skills to learn processes and work steps efficiently and seek assistance promptly
• Ability to effectively communicate and provide feedback both positive and needing improvement to supervision
• Ability to work independently and in a team with on-site support and off-site management team
• Able to accept frequent interruptions for assistance and return to complete tasks with ease in a timely manner