We are looking for ambitious, hard working individuals to join the team and support our capacity growth needs.
The Blender I position is responsible for:
· Day-to-day blending of automotive detailing products in batches ranging from 5 to 1000 gallons
· Following production schedule as assigned by the Blending Supervisor and Master Scheduler
· Maintaining excellent punctuality and attendance performance
· Following safety guidelines of blending, chemical handling, and forklift operation
· Ensuring good quality product by following written SOPs and directions from Blender II and Blender III while in training
· OT may be necessary, especially during the summer season
· Perform daily cleans and preventative maintenance (PMs) on blending equipment
· Basic housekeeping duties to ensure a safe and efficient workspace
Minimum Education / Skill Requirements:
· High School diploma or GED required
· Ability to read, write, and communicate in English
· Ability to read blend sheets and perform basic mathematical functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
· Ability to lift 50-100 pounds and tilt 700 pounds with a drum dolly
· Good time management skills are required
· Use of fork-lifts is required (In-house training and certification is provided.)
· Basic chemistry knowledge preferred but not required (pH, acid/alkaline and neutralization, solubility, familiarity with industrial chemicals). This knowledge is acquired during training on the job.
· Once trained, employee must be able to follow blending instructions consistently to achieve good quality product while adhering to the daily production schedule
· Two or more years of experience in a manufacturing environment preferred but not required.