SELECT settings.setting AS setting, settings.value AS value, settings.site_id AS siteID FROM settings WHERE settings.site_id = 1 AND settings.settings_type = 4
|Sauk Rapids, MN|
Summary Under general supervision, perform general and preventative maintenance services and related repairs to machinery, equipment, buildings, and structures.
Job Functions: Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or an essential function of the position
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Including the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Perform assigned general maintenance duties required to maintain and repair machinery and equipment, involving some skill in carpentry, plumbing, painting and/or the electrical or mechanical trades.
2. Assure that jobs specified on maintenance requests and work orders are completed satisfactorily.
3. Perform preventative maintenance and lubrication schedules
4. Make emergency repairs within area of knowledge and responsibility.
5. Maintain tools and equipment required for maintenance tasks and inventory of equipment and supplies.
6. Inspect machinery in operation to assure proper functioning, including checking pressures and temperatures as required.
7. Assist in periodic inspections of building, structures and equipment.
8. Refer work requiring more specialized or skilled crafts to appropriate lead and follow-up to completion.
9. Perform routine work orders and projects as assigned.
10. Document work completion and parts ordering and/or usage accurately.
11. Maintain and operate ammonia refrigeration system.
12. Maintains cleanliness of work area.
13. Follows all appropriate safety rules and regulations, conduct rules, HACCP, GMP, Quality Standards and other regulations.
14. Convey hazards related with equipment to staff working near and with machines.
15. Comply with established safety and security standards by wearing appropriate personal protective equipment for tasks as directed.
16. Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
17. Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department or work crew.
18. May be selected to perform duties based upon production demands.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: Must be able to operate, troubleshoot, repair and maintain equipment and facilities. Must show an above average aptitude in the use of tools and equipment and of several trades or skills such as electrical, mechanical, pneumatics, machining, welding and hydraulics. Must be able to perform the preventative maintenance and lubrication schedules. Must have previous maintenance experience and/or technical schooling. Must have previous maintenance experience. Technical training would be a plus but is not required. Must furnish own hand tools. Must be willing and capable of learning and using Mainsaver software system.
Physical Demands: Ability to lift/move 10 – 80 pounds continuously. Requires varying degrees of pushing, pulling and lifting. Must be able to perform tasks requiring action of muscles or groups of muscles such as walking, crawling, bending, climbing and stooping. Able to stand for prolonged periods (8 hour shift). Ability to work all hours. Have a good sense of smell and touch.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
· Use hands to handle and feel; reach with hands and arms
· Climb or balance
· Talk, hear and taste or smell
· The employee must regularly lift and/or move 10-8- pounds consistently
· Pays attention to detail to ensure proper quality
Work Environment: Standing on cement floor for the entire shift. Noise: Moderate – high. Temperature: 40-50 degrees Fahrenheit range.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.