Responsible for the manufacturing of high-quality product, on time, and within or under budget, according to provided specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
o Head production meetings.
o Establish and maintain production schedule.
o Establish workflow to ensure all personnel are fully utilized
o Meet with sales, PMs, and department staff regarding fabrication concerns, methods, deadlines, and to coordinate delivery dates.
o Verify accuracy of designs for size, color, and fabrication methods.
o Determine in advance when/if to outsource.
o Report anticipated cost changes and labor overages to Estimator and Project Managers.
o Review work orders to ensure that materials used are the same as materials quoted. Review material costs to stay under or within budget. Report if different construction methods/materials need to be used to Estimators and Project Managers.
o Review of job costing reports, reporting results weekly to management.
o Stage completed jobs and provide installation kit
o Accurately assemble material order sheets per work order.
o Provide material requisition sheets to purchaser in a timely manner.
o Close out jobs and job folders
o Monitor daily time sheets and material use sheets are completed accurately and turned in.
o Maintain material inventory levels
o Conduct monthly inventory counts
o Issue all supplies/inventory for production.
o Manage costs when possible.
o Receive shipments of supplies/job materials.
o Make sure materials used are recorded properly at the end of each shift.
o Control inventory churn.
o Participate as member of safety committee.
o Ensure that appropriate PPE is worn by staff and visitors.
o Requisition purchasing for all PPE
o Monitor and restrict visitors, vendors, deliveries, etc. to shop floor.
o Maintain shop and yard cleanliness and safety hazards.
o Manage forklift, tools, and equipment repair/maintenance.
· Ship Ins- Responsible for managing shipping/receiver who will
o Receive and unload national ship in work.
o Uncrate and test shipments.
o Report damages in a timely manner.
o Bill of Lading, Inspection Sheets, Claims.
· Quality control
o Use quality control checklist on every job.
o Report issues/concerns to GM.
o Schedule QC checklist signoff 3 days before installation.
· Performs any appropriate duties assigned by the General manager.
· Performs assigned duties with minimum personal supervision.
· Attend safety and company-wide meetings as required.
· Work with Stakeholders to establish/execute change orders
· Work with the equipment manager to inspect, repair, and maintain equipment
· Supervise production staff
o Keep accurate records on staff as to performance
o Personnel reviews on staff as required per the company handbook.
o Manage people in your dept.
o Monitor staff for workload.
o Overtime requested and approved to GM.
o Recruiting to maintain adequate staff in production dept.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Solid organizational skills; able to multi-task and complete requests in a timely and professional manner.
· Resourceful; can devise creative solutions to problems.
· Exhibit and foster accountability.
· Speaking—Talking to others to convey information effectively.
· Critical Thinking—Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
· Time Management—Managing one’s own time.