The Injection Molder is responsible for setting up and running the injection molding machines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Places molds using the hoist crane to fasten molds to the injection molding machines.
· Enters mold parameters into the machine based on specifications as detailed on the set-up sheets.
· Oversees machine maintenance; including but not limited to preventive maintenance, removing/replacing heater bands, changing machine barrels, and inspecting and replacing defective machine parts.
· Determines scheduling, materials, and tools required to complete work orders on time.
· Conducts first article inspections; requires verifying dimensional measurements against the work order for accuracy. Makes adjustments as necessary.
· Separates and counts parts as they come off the machine.
· Cross-trains and acts as a backup to the extrusion department as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires a High School Diploma or GED equivalent with 8+ years running injection molding machines in plastics. Should have previous experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
· Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization effectively in English both written and verbal
· Should have a high level of mechanical aptitude with the ability to run injection molding machines
· Must be able to run CPU data set-up programs either by entering manually or from a disc
· Extensive knowledge of plastic material including working with high-temperature plastic materials
· Must have a high level of attention to detail and the ability to multitask
· Must have basic math skills to read and process work instructions as well as the ability to solve practical problems.
· Ability to diagnose and resolve injection molding machine problems
· Must have demonstrated the ability to effectively operate multiple (as many as 7) machines simultaneously
· Must have the ability to read and understand blueprints and work instructions
· Knowledge of materials and material requirements
· Must have knowledge of the nonconforming material procedure
· Ability to run Applied Stats software for SPCs
· Must be able to effectively use QC equipment (i.e., micrometer, caliper, optical comparator)
· Knowledge of machining techniques and methods
· Ability to be self-motivated and work with minimal supervision
· Must have a basic understanding of Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, and Access