Virtual Construction Trade Leader-Plumbing - Westminster, CO
Go back to the job list
Seeking a high-level Plumbing Lead/Coordinator with career aspirations and both technical and demonstrated leadership skills. The VDC/BIM position focuses on managing the design and coordination process to produce plumbing construction and detail documents while overseeing others below to verify constructability, code compliances, and proper design. This person will work as a support function to all departments.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead and train specific VDC detailers and coordinators through the coordination and design process.
- Understand the complete project VDC process from concept to Installation.
- Model systems and prepare construction documents for plumbing projects; in collaboration with Preconstruction, CAD Operations and Field teams.
- Coordinate with other trades as a lead role on the project team; architects, general contractors, and other design disciplines; and the ability to work collaboratively and present solutions.
- Be a strong voice in all trade coordination meetings while attending and participating in coordination meetings while understand and establish positive and functional job relationships.
- Evaluate coordination parameters and system solutions for projects that respond to both the technical and budget requirements of the project.
- Demonstrate and project a team mentality within the group and assign trade specific VC team members to each project while offering team building and guidance. Candidate will be effective in leading the team and following standards as well as offering constructive feedback to updating existing standards.
- Understanding the VDC process from standards and helping assist the detailers and project team on deliverables while training those under them on best practices and standards.
- Communicate with VC Manager, Project Mangers, Field Managers and fabrication shops as project progresses and lead overall coordination of assigned projects
- Assist with population of system layouts, coordination and the preparation of detailed drawings for fabrication and installation using design software such as Revit, AutoCAD, CADmep, and Navisworks (clash detection).
- Creating the standardization of new practices and procedures with Team leads and VDC Manager.
- Maintain schedules from general contractors, field construction teams and fabrication shops.
- Interface with other departments to provide technical expertise in a support role.
- Effectively participate on the Mechanical team to satisfy the customer’s needs
Qualified candidate will possess the following education and experience:
- 7 years' work experience crating detailed Plumbing/Piping fabrication and installation drawings.
- Master or Journeyman license preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at different levels within the organization.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, CADmep and/or Revit with Navisworks.
- Accurate evaluation of structural, architectural, electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems.
- Knowledge of Plumbing systems, interpretation of schematical design, installation practices and design sizing requirements.
- Must be self-motivated and work well in a team environment
- Strong proficiency in Windows operating environment, including email and Microsoft Office software and Bluebeam.
- Strong interpersonal and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment or independently, flexibility to adapt to changing needs/situations.